torek, 13. december 2016

Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick in 02 Perfect Match


With the recent update of the Essence assortment (but I think the spring /summer update will be here soon) we got a new line of lipsticks. As you can see from the name, they're supposed to be matt. There are eight shades in the line, mine is the second lightest.

Essence says that the light, creamy texture of the new lipstick range unites a high colour-dispersion with a matt finish.



The packaging is the same as the Sheer & Shine lipstick range with the difference that here the lid is matt. I like it, it is a step up from the packaging of their first lipsticks (remember the packaging for kiddies? :) )

The smell is also quite pleasant, I can't describe it properly, but at least is not that artificial smell that their first Longlasting lipsticks had.

Even if this lipstick is matte, there are no claims about the longevity, even though being matte we presume that it will last rather well. And in this case I can say it does. After four hours of not eating (chocolate doesn't count, ok) and after lunch (not very greasy, I have to admit this), the lipstick is still on my lips and it looks ok. It's not exactly like when I applied it, but it's close. Definitely still on the lips, and without that hideous liplining effect. So I'm satisfied with that.



It does apply smoothly, but to achieve the full colour I had to go over my lips several times, but it doesn't bother me. The lipstick is definitely matte and you can also feel it on the lips. So if you have really dry lips it could bother you. When you apply it looks satin matte, but after a couple of minutes the finish transforms into regular matte. After four hours it even looks like a liquid lipstick on my lips. But I have to say that I didn't experience any flaking and clinging on dry patches (like the feeling I have when I apply my Essence longlasting lipstick Velvet Matt 23). 

1. Bourjois velvet - Nude-ist
2. Essence - Perfect match
3. Sleek Matte Me - Birthday Suit

The colour is dusty rose with a hint of brown. I think it suits me and when I wear it it's not so in your face. A nice everyday colour. 

Have a great day :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar