sreda, 23. avgust 2017

What I'm reading + NOTD pt. 70


Douglas Petersen understands his wife's need to 'rediscover herself' now that their son is leaving home. He just thought they'd be doing their rediscovering together. So when Connie announces that she will be leaving, too, he resolves to make their last family holiday into the trip of a lifetime: one that will draw the three of them closer, and win the respect of his son. One that will make Connie fall in love with him all over again. The hotels are booked, the tickets bought, the itinerary planned and printed. What could possibly go wrong?

"I was looking forward to us growing old together. Me and you, growing old and dying together.'
'Douglas, who in their right mind would look forward to that?"

Us is a 2014 novel by English author David Nicholls for whom it won the Specsavers "UK Author of the Year" award. It was also long-listed for the 2014 Man Booker Prize.

Of all the books I read this summer this would classify for the perfect summer read. Although I don't like summer reading lists, I mean, why should you read something lighter in the summer? I could see myself reading this on the beach and not be bothered by other things that happen around me. If the book is complicated and not a light read I need a more relaxed place and beach is not such. Also, if the heat is too strong I can't concentrate. And this one is also not so trivial that I would instantly know how it would end that I would lost all the interest. And it also made me think about the relationships and marriage and raising children. So, a book that leaves you thinking is always a good thing.



Nail polish is from Manhattan with the number 34K and since we don't have Manhattan cosmetics in Slovenia any more I don't know if this nail polish is still available. It's an orange creme and the application was ok. This polish should dry in 60 seconds, but I use a quick drying topcoat so I don't know if this claim is true. 



Have a great day!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar